Everyone has something to lose, if security at work is neglected. Companies with precarious safety and security systems use precious resources to treat accidents and diseases that could have been avoided. As a local Denver commercial heating and cooling company putting safety first is our motto. On the other hand, those companies that play smart and put a robust work safety strategy in place receive many benefits in return:
- increasing productivity as a result of reducing work absences caused by health problems
- reducing costs related to health care
- keeping older workers in the system
- keeping at the minimum the number of people who have to reduce their work schedule in order to care for a family member.
When adopting and implementing the necessary measures to protect the safety and health of your employees, you must take into account the following general principles related to prevention:
- avoiding risks
- assessing unavoidable risks
- preventing the source of the risks
- meeting the accommodation needs of your employees, especially in terms of designing the work place, choosing adequate equipment and methods, in order to keep them safe and motivated
- considering the evolutions of the technique
- replacing what is dangerous with what is not dangerous or less dangerous
- planning prevention measures
- providing your employees with periodic safety and security instructions.