Placing plants around the house is one of the best and easiest ways to improve the quality of the air inside your home, along with AC and furnace maintenance help from your Denver residential HVAC contractors – here are some plants that are not only attractive and easy to take care of, but also very efficient in cleaning the air:
- Peace lily – the most efficient plant for removing organic particles, the peace lily requires very little water and filtered light to thrive and to delight you with its beautiful white flowers.
- Devil’s ivy – another very attractive evergreen houseplant that requires very little attention and can efficiently filter the air in your home.
- Chrysanthemum – available in many colors, these plants can efficiently remove benzene, ammonia, xylene and formaldehyde from the air.
- Ficus – this hardy plant thrives equally well indoors and outdoors and it efficiently removes formaldehyde and benzene.
- Boston fern – this one loves indirect light and moist environments – if you can provide these conditions, your fern will grow fast and keep the air in your home fresh.
- Bamboo – one of the fastest growing and most efficient air cleaners around, bamboo can reach the height of 12 feet, adding an exotic spot to your home design and clean air to boot.